The true values of the world’s best players has been outlined in a study by the CIES Football Observatory.Arsenal star drops Aubameyang transfer hint as Dortmund tweet their starting XI
Scientists have used multiple parameters to determine how much cash should change hands in the transfer market, producing some intriguing results.
Behind him are England internationals Kane and Alli, valued at £137.3m and £136m respectively. Those figures may appear extreme but both enjoyed exceptional seasons, are tied to long-term contracts and have many years ahead of them. They are two of five Tottenham players, the others being Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen and Heung-min Son, who make it into the top 50 – a fact chairman Daniel Levy will be more than happy about.
It means Spurs’ top pair are ahead of Messi, a player many consider the greatest of all time, who is valued at £134.3m. That his contract at the Nou Camp only runs until 2018 will have had an influence.Messi would be the most in demand player ever if he were to leave Barcelona (Getty)
Chelsea talisman Eden Hazard, who has been linked with a switch to Real Madrid, comes in at £103.77m.
How are the values determined?
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo finishes one place outside the top 10 and fails to warrant a fee in excess of £100m.
Romelu Lukaku, who many are tipping to become the first real £100m player, is actually worth £93.3m according to the study.
Manchester City are well represented on the list, with six of their players in the top 50. They’re led by Kevin de Bruyne.
Chelsea have four players with Diego Costa among them. The Spain international, who has been told he is surplus to requirements, is valued at £73.8. Whether Chelsea reach that level of fee as they look to force him out remains to be seen.Diego Costa is expected to move this summer (Getty)
Liverpool and Manchester United each have three among the top 50 and Arsenal just one.
The 50 most valuable players
- Neymar, Barcelona, £186m
- Dele Alli, Tottenham, £137m
- Harry Kane, Tottenham, £135m
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona, £134m
- Antoine Griezmann, Atletico Madri £132m
- Luis Suarez, Barcelona, £124m
- Paul Pogba, Manchester United, £119m
- Gonzalo Higuain, Juventus, £106m
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea, £104m
- Paulo Dybala, Juventus, £102m
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid £99m
- Kevin de Bruyne, Manchester City, £98m
- Romelu Lukaku, Everton, £93m
- Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich, £89m
- Raheem Sterling, Manchester City, £87m
- Yannick Carrasco, Atletico Madrid, £86m
- Alexis Sanchez, Arsenal, £85m
- Kylian Mbappe, Monaco, £82m
- Ousmane Demble, Borussia Dortmund, £77m
- Roberto Firmino, Liverpool, £75m
- Eric Dier, Tottenham, £75m
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City, £74m
- Diego Costa, Chelsea, £74m
- Edinson Cavani, PSG, £73m
- Christian Eriksen, Tottenham, £73m
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Borussia Dortmund, £72m
- Bernardo Silva, Manchester City, £71m
- Toni Kroos, Real Madrid, £71m
- Koke, Atletico Madrid, £71m
- N’Golo Kante, Chelsea, £70m
- Saul Niguez, Atletico Madrid, £70m
- Lorenzo Insigne, Napoli, £67m
- Leroy Sane, Manchester City, £66m
- Anthony Martial, Manchester United, £65m
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Barcelona, £65m
- Andrea Belotti, Torino, £64m
- John Stones, Manchester City, £63m
- Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool, £63m
- Marcus Rashford, Manchester United, £62m
- Mohammed Salah, Roma, £60m
- Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona, £59m
- Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea, £59m
- Gareth Bale, Real Madrid, £59m
- Jan Oblak, Atletico Madrid, £58m
- Mauro Icardi, Inter Milan, £58m
- Timo Werner, RB Leipzig, £57m
- Sadio Mane, Liverpool, £56m
- Thomas Lemar, Monaco, £55m
- Ivan Rakiticm, Barcelona, £55m
- Heung-min Son, Tottenham, £54m
Source : http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/the-true-value-of-the-worlds-best-players-revealed-as-tottenham-and-man-city-dominate-list-6703985/